WHAT: Kendall Regional Medical Center will be hosting a Family Heart Health Fair for the community. The free fair will include health screenings, seminars, healthy sweet treats for the public and activities for the kids.
WHO: The fair will be hosted by Maritza Fuentes, M.D., health reporter from Univision.
WHERE: Kendall Regional Medical Center
11750 SW 40 Street Miami, FL 33175
WHEN: Saturday, February 12, 2011
9 AM – 12 noon
WHY: Kendall Regional Medical Center wants to show the community how to live longer and be happier by taking care of your heart.
As an added benefit for families with children, Injury Free Coalition for Kids of Miami will be present to give home safety tours aboard their mobile unit. Activities will include aerobic dance demonstrations and sampling healthy treats. Throughout the morning, free health screenings and educational advice will be provided to attendees. Free tests will be given for blood pressure, osteoporosis, breast, cardiac risk assessment, cholesterol, sugar pulmonary function screenings (first 30 people only) and EKG (first 30 people only). Appointments are not necessary for any screening. To participate in the cholesterol and blood sugar tests, four hours of fasting is required prior to the tests. To RSVP or for more information please call 305.222.2200.
The seminar topics are:
- Know Your Numbers by Lester Carrodeguas, M.D., Family Practice
- Heart Facts for a Healthy Life by Madeline Castro, M.D. Family Practice and Rekha Kini, M.D. Family Practice
- How to Survive a Heart Attack by Rajesh Dhairyawan, M.D. Interventional Cardiology and Abid Chaudhry, M.D. Emergency Medicine
- Keeping your Child’s Heart Healthy by Kim Bango, M.D. Family Medicine and Jamie Montes D.O., Family Medicine
- Heart Failure A-Z: Risks, Signs, Symptoms & Treatment by Julius Gasso, M.D. Interventional Cardiology, Beethoven Brown, M.D. Cardiothoracic Surgery and Jose Martel, M.D. Electrophysiology.
CONTACT: For questions and further information, contact either Peter Jude at 305.321.7947, or by email at Peter.Jude@HCAheatlhcare.com or Ann Briggle at 305.860.1000 x 109, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.