Our Values and Philosophy
The professional nursing practice at Kendall Regional Medical Center strives for excellence in the delivery of patient care. This is accomplished through professional collaboration and team work while partnering with our community.
Professional nursing practice is a caring art that employs scientific and business principles to promote the health and well being of individuals, families and communities. Goals are achieved through:
- Incorporating professional values as articulated in the American Nurses Association's social policy statement, standards of practice and code for nurses, into policies and practice;
- Creating a work environment that facilitates and encourages the involvement of staff into critical thinking to enhance professional nursing practice;
- Partnering with patients, families and other health care providers to ensure the involvement of patients/families in the care process and the coordination of comprehensive care and services across the continuum;
- Respecting the rights and sensitivities of religious/ethical/cultural beliefs of our diverse patient community; Integrating new knowledge into our practice and contributing to the emerging body of nursing knowledge through participation in education, research and communication about nursing practice;
- Examining individual nursing associates' commitment to the delivery of quality care and accountability for their practice; Proactively developing the response to our dynamic health care environment; Managing resources cost-effectively; Collaborating and integrating with other professional disciplines and functional areas and;
- Becoming involved with professional and community initiatives that are both internal and external to the hospital.
We invite you to explore these pages and learn more about our special nurses.