At Kendall Regional Medical Center, we are dedicated to high quality clinical research and scholarly activity. We offer a dynamic environment of scientific inquiry, and provide the tools and training necessary to successfully engage in meaningful scholarly pursuits.
Our didactic Research Foundations curriculum provides a practical introduction to clinical research and introduces residents to scientific methods, research design, statistical analyses, survey development and more.
To advance resident's knowledge of the basic principles of research, including how research is conducted, evaluated, explained to patients and applied to patient care.
Upon program completion, resident physicians should:
- Be familiar with basic research design and methodology.
- Understand the process of conducing a research study, from IRB to manuscript submission.
- Be able to understand and critically review scientific articles.
- Be able to use research to inform clinical practice and appropriately explain research findings to patients.
- Understand how research may be integrated into a physician's career.
Christopher Ochner, PhD
Dr. Christopher Ochner serves as Director of Research and is available anytime for residents and GME faculty. Dr. Ochner completed a research-focused PhD in clinical psychology, received a number of research awards from the NIH and is a former research faculty member of the Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons.
Resources are also available to assist resident physicians and GME faculty in scholarly activities. Please see our expanding list of research resources below.
In addition, we provide one-on-one planning sessions, top notch mentorship, and the opportunity to conduct impactful research while you are with us. Working with your Program Directors, GME core faculty mentors and research staff, you are assured access to the resources necessary to complete high quality scholarly activity. We look forward to working with you.
HCA provides full-text access to over 3,000 electronic medical journals.
In addition, all Kendall residents and faculty have access to PubMed via Nova Southeastern University (NSU), which also provides a system of interlibrary-loan for any articles not available for immediate download.
- Abstract Template & Example - Clinical
- Abstract Template & Example - Scientific
- HCA/PSG PowerPoint Template
- Oral Case Report Template
- Resident Presentation Template & Example
- ACP Clinical Abstract Example
- Dataset Shell Example
- Narrative Review Example
- Scientific Poster Example
- QA/QI and Research Project Idea Examples
- Case Report Authorization Form
- CITI Training (required every 2 years) Instructions
- Form to Access Patient Data
- IRB Exemption Request Form
- Journals that Publish Case Reports
- Review Requirements by Project Type
- QA/QI Checklist to Determine Necessity of IRB Submission