Percent Daily Values (DV) are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Servings and Times
Cups of Fruits and Vegetables Per Person: 1.0
Ingredients and Preparation
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Add the leek and garlic, stirring to coat with the oil.
- Continue until the leek is fragrant and soft, but not brown.
- Add the thyme, parsley, and bay leaves. Cook 2 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and add the wine.
- Reduce to 2 tablespoons; add the stock and the pumpkin.
- Simmer until the pumpkin falls apart, 20-25 minutes.
- Discard the herbs. Puree the soup; add milk and cream.
- If soup is too thick, add a little more broth. Stir and serve.