IBS symptoms affect the intestines. The symptoms may come and go.
Symptoms of IBS range in intensity from mild to severe and include the following:
- Abdominal cramps
- Pain that resolves with a bowel movement
- Alternating bouts of diarrhea and constipation
- Loose stools
- Urge to move bowels, but no stool is passed
- Feeling of incomplete bowel movement
- Urge to move bowels after having a bowel movement
- Mucus in the stool
If you see blood in the stool, consult your doctor immediately.
- Reviewer: Daus Mahnke, MD
- Review Date: 12/2015 -
- Update Date: 12/20/2014 -