Kendall Regional Medical Center's level II trauma center increases access to trauma care for patients in Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties.
Kendall Regional Medical Center’s primary focus is to provide optimal care to all acutely injured trauma patients. The care provided is rendered by a multidisciplinary trauma team that includes pre-hospital personnel, Trauma Surgeons, Emergency Medicine Physicians, specialist consult physicians, nurses, and ancillary staff. Specialty areas of the hospital provide specific functions that are integrated into a pre-established organized system of care for the most severely injured patient.
Trauma Center differs from a typical emergency department in that it is equipped to provide specialized, comprehensive emergency medical services to patients suffering traumatic injuries. A key component is having a trauma surgeon at the patient’s bedside within minutes after notification of the arrival of a patient judged to be in need of rapid assessment of injuries, which is a critical factor in successful treatment. The Trauma Surgeon is the captain of a Trauma Team that is rapidly assembled before the patient arrives. EMS triages patients according to the seriousness of their injuries, and transports the most seriously injured to Kendall Regional Medical Center South Florida Trauma. The specialized training, experience, and skills of the center’s surgeons, physicians, nurses, and staff have been responsible for saving hundreds of lives and hastening patient recoveries at every stage of the process.
The Only Cure for TRAUMA – PREVENTION
Annual Trauma Awareness Day:
“Recognizing the Journey” @ Kendall Regional Medical Center
Kendall Regional Medical Center in the news
- Kendall Regional Medical Center Receives Full Designation as Level II Trauma Center
- Survivors celebrate anniversary of kendall regional
- Kendall Regional Medical Center Trauma Center (PDF - 297 KB)
- USF Health & HCA Trauma Care Fact Sheet (PDF - 297 KB)
- HCA & USF Health Working Together to Improve Trauma Care in Florida
- USF Health Hires Two Prominent Surgeons To Lead Trauma Initiative
- Más de mil vidas salvadas en el primer año del Centro de Trauma en Kendall