Internal Medicine Residency Program
Message from the Program Director
Dr. Himangi Kaushal
Thank you for your interest in the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Kendall Regional Medical Center. We believe that every individual who sets out to be a physician does so with the aim of helping others and making a difference. Sometimes, this aim is overshadowed by the real-world challenges of practicing medicine.
Our goal is to provide residents with a wholesome training experience that spans the depth and breadth of medicine not only within the clinical realm but also encompassing the social, ethical and humanistic side of medicine.
Our philosophy in the words of Sir William Osler:
“The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease”
About Our Program
|10 Cat.||10 Cat.||10 Cat.||2 Chief Res.|
Key Features of Our Program
- We are a Community-based University Affiliated Program - The Program is sponsored by HCA and affiliated with University of South Florida
- Unique 4 + 1 Schedule
- 4 weeks of rotation followed by 1 week of dedicated ambulatory time
- Allows for a more rewarding and uninterrupted outpatient as well as inpatient experience
- Allows the residents to experience a “Group Practice” model as they work in cohorts of 6 and provide coverage for each others’ continuity clinic patients when their PCP is not in clinic
- Allows for ample continuity with residents’ patient panel
- 24/7 Hospitalist and Intensivist coverage. In-house attendings are available for assistance at all times and residents are not required to meet the service needs of the hospital which allows for a better educational experience.
- NO OVERNIGHT CALL. We have a Night Float team which takes over from the day team in the evening and hands off in the morning.
- Great patient diversity and an exciting range of pathology which rivals any large inner-city hospital.
- Being a medium sized program allows us to get to know each of our residents on a personal level and provides a learning environment rich with camaraderie and an ability to develop one-on-one relationships with colleagues, faculty and mentors.