In Patient Pediatric Unit
Our 12-bed pediatric unit focuses on providing family centered care. It is designed with child-friendly amenities that include Cable TV, DVD Players, a playroom with video games, nourishment room and treatment room. Our staff is trained in Pediatric Advanced Life Support and competent to treat the needs of this patient population. They focus on providing a safe and warm environment and include preventive care to ensure a return to maximum health.
Pediatric Intensive Care
Our PICU is staffed by a team of high-level healthcare professionals and features the latest equipment for the most critically ill young patients. Read more.
Children have a special place in our hearts and in our hospital. Kendall Regional Medical Center’s Pediatric Emergency Department treats nearly 20,000 children per year, which is why we provide a dedicated pediatric emergency department staffed by pediatricians. Read more.
Pediatric Bill of Rights
- I have the right for you to look me in the eyes and talk to me in a way that I can understand.
- I have the right to privacy, please knock on my door before you enter.
- I have the right to know who is caring for me. Please introduce yourself when we meet.
- I have the right to make choices when appropriate. Please let me make them when possible.
- I have the right for you to be honest with me.
- I have the right to know what you are going to do to me, before you do it.
- I have the right to play, remember that I am a kid.
- I have the right to be heard when I have something to say.
- I have the right to keep my favorite toys with me when I am in the hospital.
- I have the right to know the truth even when I may not like it. Please do not tell me that something will not hurt if it will.
Above all, please allow me to express my feelings, and to just be a kid!