To soothe an itchy, painful skin rash, you may want to try:
- Cold compresses—can be applied to the rash for five minutes at a time, several times a day
- Compresses soaked in Burrow’s solution—can be applied to the rash for five minutes at a time, several times a day
- Oatmeal baths—may improve itching
You may spread the condition to others until the rash has crusted over. Stay home until this occurs.
- Reviewer: Peter Lucas, MD; Michael Woods, MD
- Review Date: 05/2013 -
- Update Date: 05/30/2013 -