|Optic Nerve and Muscles|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
Reasons for Test
- Diagnose and follow multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Test vision in children and adults who are unable to read eye charts
What to Expect
Prior to Test
- Wash your hair. Avoid hair chemicals such as hair sprays and gels.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Bring your corrective eyewear.
Description of Test
How Long Will It Take?
Will It Hurt?
Call Your Doctor
National Eye Institute http://www.nei.nih.gov
National Multiple Sclerosis Society http://www.nationalmssociety.org
Canadian Association of Optometrists http://www.opto.ca
Canadian Ophthalmological Society http://www.eyesite.ca
Evoked potentials. National Multiple Sclerosis Society website. Available at: http://www.nationalmssociety.org/about-multiple-sclerosis/what-we-know-about-ms/diagnosing-ms/evoked-potentials/index.aspx. Accessed May 26, 2015.
Evoked potentials studies. Johns Hopkins Medicine website. Available at: http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/test%5Fprocedures/neurological/evoked%5Fpotentials%5Fstudies%5F92,P07658/. Accessed May 26, 2015.
Visually evoked potentials. Webvision website. Available at: http://webvision.med.utah.edu/book/electrophysiology/visually-evoked-potentials/. Accessed May 26, 2015.
- Reviewer: Eric Berman, MD
- Review Date: 05/2015 -
- Update Date: 05/26/2015 -