|The Lymphatic Organs|
|Copyright © Nucleus Medical Media, Inc.|
- Sexual intercourse
- Changing the diaper of an infected infant
- Swollen lymph glands
- Sore throat
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Properly dispose of diapers.
- Do not share glasses or eating utensils.
- Avoiding intimate contact with people known to have the CMV infection.
- Practice safe sex.
Centers for Disease Control and Preventio http://www.cdc.gov
Infectious Diseases Society of America http://www.idsociety.org
Herpes Guide http://www.herpesguide.ca
Public Health Agency of Canada http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca
Cytomegalovirus. American Association of Family Physicians website. Available at: http://familydoctor.org/familydoctor/en/diseases-conditions/cytomegalovirus.html. Updated July 2013. Accessed June 19, 2014.
Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection. EBSCO DynaMed website. Available at: http://www.ebscohost.com/dynamed. Updated June 16, 2014. Accessed June 19, 2014.
Cytomegalovirus and congenital CMV infection. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/cmv/index.html. Updated July 28, 2010. Accessed June 19, 2014.
- Reviewer: David L. Horn, MD, FACP
- Review Date: 05/2014 -
- Update Date: 00/61/2014 -