April 19, 2021
Kendall Regional Medical Center, a 447-bed facility in western Miami-Dade County, and part of HCA Healthcare’s East Florida pision, is pleased to announce several new director-level hires, doubling down on its continued growth. These new leaders will fill pivotal roles in advancing patient care and supporting the Kendall community.
“We are happy to welcome Alex, Michelle, George, Jorge and Natalie to our leadership team,” said Brandon Haushalter, CEO of Kendall Regional Medical Center. “As a major tertiary-care hospital in South Florida, we are proud to invest in the best candidates who will help take our patient care to the next level. These strong additions to Kendall Regional Medical Center will ensure the continued growth of our programs to meet the needs of the Miami-Dade County communities we serve.”
Non-clinical New Hires
- Maria “Alex” Alvarez, Director of Food and Nutrition Services (FANS) – In her new role, Alex will be responsible for patient nutrition throughout the hospital. Prior to joining Kendall Regional, Alex worked on the FANS team at Mercy Hospital, and as general manager of Au Bon Pain.
- Natalie Alatriste, Director of Communications – In her new role, Natalie will oversee all marketing and communications for the hospital, including internal and external communications, hospital campaigns, and marketing initiatives. She will also oversee all communications for Kendall Regional’s two freestanding ERs in Doral and Town & Country. Prior to joining Kendall Regional, Natalie worked at rbb Communications for nearly five years.
- Michelle Moss, Director of Physician and Provider Relations – In her new role, Michelle will be responsible for business development, focusing on building new relationships, and obtaining new business among OBGYNs, Pediatricians and Primary Care Providers throughout the entire state of Florida. Prior to joining Kendall Regional, Michelle worked for Femwell Group Health.
Clinical New Hires
- George Gilliam, Director of Rehabilitation Services – In his new role, George will oversee the rehabilitation teams at Kendall, ensuring patient advocacy and continued commitment to the overall health and well-being of patients. Prior to joining Kendall Regional, George worked for Baptist Health.
- Jorge Sosa, Nursing Director of Inpatient Medical and Surgical Unit – In his new role, Jorge will be responsible for oversight of patients in Kendall’s inpatient medical and surgical units, including the newly opened Burn/Trauma ICU and PICU. Prior to joining Kendall Regional, Jorge worked for Mount Sinai Medical Center and Jackson Health.