Kendall Regional Medical Center offers the latest minimally invasive surgical techniques including, laparoscopic surgery and robotic surgery.
Minimally invasive technology is completely changing the way physicians approach surgical procedures. A surgeon makes small incisions in the abdomen area, through which a small video camera and thin instruments are inserted to perform the procedure. The surgeon can view the procedure through a video monitor that provides a magnified view of the surgical site..
Aside from its minimally invasive approach, the robotic surgical system also offers great benefits to patients: less blood loss, less chance of infection, a shorter hospital stay, less pain, scarring and faster recovery.
Many procedures can be performed using minimally invasive or robotic techniques, such as:
- Gall Bladder removal (single incision and multi-port)
- Hernia Repair (inguinal, ventral, hiatal, paraesophageal and umbilical)
- Surgery for Acid Reflux (GERD)
- Hysterectomy (single site and multi-port)
- Colorectal surgery
- Trans-anal Endoscopic Micro (TEM) surgery
For more information on robot-assisted surgical procedures, visit our Health Library or thefutureofsurgery.com